Vodafone Secure Sector (VSS), Vodafone Business
Linux Systems Administrator
03/06/2019 – 03/01/2020
Systems Administrator working in a secure environment holding SC and NPPV Clearances, working in the Vodafone Secure Sector (VSS) for Vodafone Business.
VSS Provides Security Architecture and Specialist Solutions to Major businesses and critical infrastructure providers across the UK.
My responsibilities include:
Working on highly-secure networks in an SC Environment.
Linux and Windows server management, including.
System Hardening to conform to customer requirements and regular penetration testing results.
Develop automation of processes including deployment, management, configuration and maintenance using DevOps tools and practice.
Day-to-day responsibilities (BAU):
- Build and Configuration of new customer systems prior to go-live / delivery.
- Patching and monitoring of existing customer systems on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Migration of platforms from legacy networks to new networks.
- Migration of services from legacy hardware and OS installations to new / supported platforms.
- Consolidation of legacy hardware to virtual instances in VMWare (P2V).
- Analysis of systems through log files to identify and fix security issues raised by Penetration Testing and internal logging.
- Developing scripts to automate processes and functions (BASH / Ansible).
- Stateful Imp/Ex AntiVirus solution.
- Implementation of System Deployment / configuration / management solution.
- Identify and test new Network and System Monitoring solutions (NMS).