Platform Services Team Lead (DevOps focused)
06/01/2020 – Present
Lead of the Platform Services Team of four DevOps focused engineers in a highly
dynamic fast paced organization, who’s primary focus is experimentation for our
Our mission is enabling our organization to deliver applications and services using
automated deployment processes. We are committed to create efficient and
scalable deployments that ensure consistency and reduce the risk of errors. Our
goal is to continuously improve our deployment processes, tools and technologies
while maintaining focus on security and quality. We strive to be a reliable trusted
partner to our platform teams; providing them with the necessary tools and support
to deploy with confidence and speed of accuracy.
• Deployments of our supported applications into four separate offline
environments across multiple levels of classification using automation and
• Continuous improvement, Security analysis, hardening and patching of the
above services through automation to ensure secure and reliable services.
• Automated deployment, configuration and HA / DR of:
• Required tooling such as Vault, Git, documentation, service desk and
automation orchestration for use by the Platforms and project teams.
• Infrastructure and base services such as IDP, Database, NTP, Repository,
Federated Services, logging and monitoring.
• Linux OS hardening and security review for automated OS image creation.
My responsibilities include:
• Drive the adoption and use of automation technologies such as Ansible,
Terraform and other software / technologies to provide repeatable and reliable
• Provide technical leadership, oversight, guidance and direction for a team of
four DevOps engineers with a wide mix of skills which are aligned to the needs
of the business and our customers.
• Manage and execute projects using Agile delivery methods and practices
• Engage with the business to shape the direction of existing services as well
as identifying, planning and delivering new services and ways of working to
enhance our service / product offerings and internal practices.